Christ Church Primary School (Mixed, Voluntary Aided)
In 1855, when Hampstead was a village popular with the artistic and literary In order to provide education for the children in the parish of Christ Church, a small church school was established in 1855. It was housed in a charming structure nestled in the shadow of the church and was popular with the artistic and literary society. Hampstead was a village located in fields to the north of London that was popular with both. Since then, Christ Church School has continued to offer education to local children, and despite the fact that the old village has undergone many changes and has gradually merged with the built-up area of London, Christ Church has maintained the warm and intimate environment of a traditional village school.
The school is still located in the wonderful Grade 2 listed building from 1855, but it has been completely updated to give a primary education for the twenty-first century, and improvements are made every year.
The school's 150th anniversary was lavishly commemorated in 2005 by the entire student body.
Fitzjohn's Primary School (Mixed, Community)
The Royal Troops' Daughters' Home was established in 1855 to provide housing and educational opportunities for daughters of Crimean War soldiers. This Victorian institution continued to serve as both a home and a school until it merged with another school in 2012.
Due to the post-World War II birth surge, class size pressure in the Hampstead area increased. Nevertheless, despite infant class sizes of up to 60, there was strong opposition to the establishment of new primary schools as described in the local authority's school plan, particularly from other surrounding schools. Despite this criticism, Fitzjohn's Primary School opened its doors in 1953. The Soldier's Daughters Home school's classrooms, schoolhouse, and chapel were moved there.
The Home's former school buildings housed the infants' school's classrooms. The school also had a two-story building from the previous estate that served as the assembly and dining hall. A new one-story block with three classrooms and related buildings was built for the junior school. In the school's first 60 years, there have only been five headteachers. The first head of the school was Miss Mandeville. In the late 1970s, poet Ted Hughes addressed a class about poetry.
Fleet Primary School (Mixed, Community)
In 1879, the School Board for London finished constructing the school. The Board constructed it as the neighbourhood’s first public elementary school. Opened in 1890 were extension buildings. The school opened in 1970 after being renamed Fleet School by the London County Council, with some of the original buildings being replaced. In 1941, a bomb damaged the school during World War Two.
At the school, cooking was only taught to female students. The expectations that men had for women and girls in connection to cooking are described on the placard that is posted on the rear wall of the classroom and is labelled, "London County Council: Words from John Ruskin." Ruskin writes that women should "always and perfectly" be "ladies" and "loaf-givers" in the text. This is an illustration of the gender disparity that existed at the time, both in the curricula of schools and in larger society.
Today, Fleet primary school is a mixed community based establishment with a much different view of how students are perceived.
Every student can succeed to the fullest extent in the safe and stimulating environment that their school works to provide. Their cutting-edge curriculum is designed to offer a wide range of experiences that are suited to each student's individual requirements and interests because they want every one of them to be enthusiastic about and interested in their learning at all times. Fleet primary school believe it's important to make the most of the beautiful city they reside in, thus trips and excursions are crucial for assisting the children in connecting with and comprehending the lessons.
Fleet primary school support children in developing the knowledge and self-assurance necessary to become independent, self-assured learners, and they support them in taking initiative.
One of Fleet's guiding values is cooperating with parents (and the greater community). They believe that a child's academic success depends on a strong relationship between the home and the school. By creating an atmosphere that is upbeat, welcoming, and shared with high expectations for both academic, social inclusion and confidence.
Hampstead Parochial Primary School (Mixed voluntary aided, Church of England)
The Sunday School of St. John-at-Hampstead served as the foundation for Thomas Mitchell (1751-1799), who established Hampstead Parochial Church of England Primary School in 1787.
Later, in the middle of the nineteenth century, as Hampstead's population expanded quickly, the poor's living conditions got more crowded and unhygienic, and most people couldn't afford medical care. The Hampstead Provident Dispensary in New End was established in 1846 as a "relief" society for the ailing poor by the Revd Thomas Ainger (1799–1863), an active social reformer, theological heavyweight, and vicar of Hampstead Parish Church for 22 years.
As a greater population meant more students, Ainger, a Cambridge alumnus who valued the gift of learning, had the responsibility for establishing neighbourhood schools like Hampstead Parochial School.
The school is still housed in the red-brick buildings that Ainger constructed, and his contribution is recognised every year at a school service held at St. John's and through the granting of the Ainger Prize to pupils who have significantly impacted the life of the school.
The school temporarily moved to Whipsnade at the start of World War II, but in 1951 it returned to its original location.
The current Hampstead Parochial School is a cutting-edge, innovative primary school with learning at its core, despite the fact that the buildings are Victorian.
The founders of Hampstead Parochial School aimed to give the youth of Hampstead a unique and inclusive education. Even now, they stick to this vision.
Holy Trinity Primary School (Church of England)
Holy Trinity is a tiny, devoted Church of England school that prioritises teaching Christianity while also incorporating other religions into the curriculum. Every member of the school community is motivated by their ambition to aim high and make a difference.
They hold their learning community in high regard because of their belief in God. They strive to provide a pastoral care programme that is complete and enriched, providing everyone the ability, information, and insight they need to flourish and thrive. They appreciate the uniqueness of every child, who is made in the image of God.
New End Primary School (Mixed, community)
In 1906, New End Primary School was opened. The Old White Bear and the Duke of Hamilton public houses were among the areas of New End that underwent reconstruction in the 1930s. Following the Second World War, the council built a few apartments, and most of the shops were eventually replaced by or turned into homes.
New End Primary School are adamant that a child who starts their educational journey at the school has made significant strides toward success in the future, both with us and elsewhere.
All of the pupils at New End Primary School are encouraged to achieve high academic standards, but they are also encouraged to become well-rounded, well-adjusted adults. Giving each student the opportunity, they require to realise their full potential is the responsibility of the school because learning is a lifetime process that starts at birth.
New End school , offer a diverse learning environment, and each child's uniqueness is respected. They are aware that happy, active, and safe kids learn the most effectively. They give children a safe, fun atmosphere that promotes independence and development. There is a culture of support and cooperation among the staff, children, parents, and caretakers. They encourage each child's long-term development and individual accomplishments both within the parameters of their rigorous curriculum and in the virtually endless learning that takes on outside of it. New End, provide students with a demanding, modern, and innovative learning environment that promotes social responsibility and supports lifelong learning.
A knowledge-rich and comprehensive curriculum is presented to them, and they will learn how to learn efficiently, cultivate and use new abilities, create and connect ideas and concepts, and think critically. Their education and time at New End will be complemented by experiences and opportunities in the arts, sports, culture, and community that will widen their perspectives and deepen their awareness of the world. These will include the chance to take a week-long school trip, learn to play an instrument, appear on a stage at a West End theatre, and learn to play chess.
Prior to leaving the school, children start to develop a firm moral basis and a sense of their place in the world. They will begin to value spirituality in both themselves and others, which will increase their engagement in their own culture and appreciation of others'. In addition to knowing how to safeguard their own physical and mental health, they will feel prepared to live in the diverse and constantly changing community of the modern world.
The Rosary RC Primary School (mixed, Voluntary Aided)
On June 24, Bishop John Wilson helped Hampstead's Rosary Primary Catholic School kids bury a time capsule at a nearby building site. A photo of Pope Francis, a scale model of the pectoral cross bearing the image of Jesus the Good Shepherd, two Westminster Cathedral coins, and a depiction of the Year of Mercy were included in the capsule's contents, which were given by Bishop John.
A text containing the time and historical significance of the time capsule was included with these artefacts. It was interred at the location of the Convent of the Sisters of Providence of the Immaculate Conception in Bartrams.
Along with pupils' contributions, the capsule also has a blueprint for the new development and regional maps.
The new time capsule takes the place of the old one, which was discovered during site preparation for the construction of new dwellings. The creator, PegasusLife, gave it to Rosary Primary School as a gift.
The original capsule was buried in May 1957 as the convent and chapel were being rebuilt after being destroyed during the Second World War. Auxiliary Bishop of Westminster at the time, Bishop George Craven, put a manuscript and some medallions in it.
The new capsule was buried during the ritual, which included Bishop John praying over the location. The schoolchildren enthusiastically applauded.
Today, strong parent-school relationships, in their opinion, inspire all of our students to thrive and be the best versions of themselves.
The committed staff members at The Rosary Catholic Primary School do everything in their power to make sure that your child is content, encouraged, and thrilled by the challenge and excitement that learning and new experiences provide. They base their instruction on the idea that every child is special and that it is an honour to mentor and support them as they learn. They hold dear that the cornerstone of a school family where everyone is able to thrive and realise their potential in Christ is the God-given gifts of each individual.
They wish to assist your child in growing in their religion with you in order to help them develop compassion, resilience, responsibility, and dedication in a world that is continuously changing.
Saint Pauls Primary School (Church of England)
The school was initially formed by the National Society, a Church of England organisation that assisted those seeking Christian education and promoted religious education. It comes from the St. Paul's Church on Avenue Road's Sunday school. The school was located in rooms in King's College Mews, a neighbourhood off King's College Road. In 1872, a 99-year lease was granted for land on Winchester Road. The old school, built in 1873, featured rooms just for males, girls, and little children. Boys and girls were taught at ages 5 to 13.
With a strong Christian culture and beliefs, St. Paul's is a voluntary-aided Church of England school.
In addition to encouraging our children to let their "lights shine in the world" as they mature and take on their roles in society, their main goal is to help them become good students and neighbours.
The main focus of St. Paul's is education. Is to help young people enter and thrive in school with joy and confidence, in addition to protecting our own safety. This means encouraging children to pursue their academic goals while also enhancing their self-confidence and self-esteem. It also involves helping children make friends and discover a variety of interests and abilities.
During World War II, the school was relocated to Abbot's Langley, Hertfordshire, together with All Souls School on Loudon Road. The headmaster stayed at Abbot's Langley throughout the war. After the war, all of the children as well as the pupils from the destroyed All Souls School came back to Winchester Road. During the war, St. Paul's Church also incurred damage. After the 1944 Education Act, St. Paul's obtained voluntary status and changed to a mixed-age primary school.
In 1961, construction on a new school with 280 children was planned for Elsworthy Road. In 1972, a component of the school relocated to Elsworthy Road, where it is now. In order for the school to provide education to pupils from 4 to 11 years old, a seventh classroom was built in 1991.
St. Mary's Parish Church and St. Paul's C.E. Primary School currently have a close relationship, which is supported by the vicar's participation in frequent school activities and assemblies as well as by the presence of local Anglicans on the governing board.
The values of the school and the Christian faith are being lived out by the students today. They show kindness and cooperation with one another while at school and playing, as well as compassion and service to others. Students also voluntarily participate in fundraising activities for charitable causes, including helping our partner school Bowa in Malawi.
Saint Pauls School, take pride in being both forward-looking and outward-looking. The students come from a variety of backgrounds and are delighted to represent London's multicultural blend. They are not just tolerant of difference; they value it, celebrate it and encourage each child to be different. This is rooted in our school aims and Christian ethos.
Small in size, St. Pauls has a vibrant wider school community. They have a vibrant parents' organisation called FOSPA, which contributes financially to various projects and gives the School precious time.
At Saint Paul's, they base their decisions on what is best for the children's education and quality of life. As they understand their concepts and apply them to new learning and situations, children consistently acquire creativity, focus, and perseverance.
If you are looking for property in Hampstead, Wayne and Silver Estate agents, who are based in Hamstead, are the ideal people to assist you in your search.
Click here for more information on our Hampstead area guild.